Hospice Peterborough will re-enter Stage 1 of COVID-19 Response Plan in response to provincial lockdown.
At Hospice Peterborough the health and safety of our clients, residents, their families, volunteers, staff, and the community at large remains our number one priority.
As such, Hospice Peterborough will be returning to Stage 1 of our 4-level COVID-19 Response Plan. Our COVID-19 precautions and restrictions will be changing December 26th to comply with the direction of the provincial government and our local Public Health partners.
Effective December 26th until further notice:
- Visitation is limited and is determined weekly by our outbreak management team
- Visiting hours for essential visitors will be 9am-5pm with some exceptions
- We ask that visitors be local as much as possible
- Visitors from high-risk areas are asked to provide a recent negative COVID-19 test
- Hospice Community Staff will be working from home as much as possible
- All in-person volunteer activities will be on hold
- All community programing will be offered virtually or over the phone
- Everyone entering the building, staff included, will be screened and asked to wash their hands and wear a mask
- Increased cleaning and sanitation will continue throughout the building
These changes were made after careful consideration and guidance from local, provincial, and national public health authorities, and Hospice Palliative Care Ontario. We remain committed to supporting efforts to minimize the spread of the virus through increased screening and limiting person to person contact, especially around people with already complex medical conditions.
Throughout the pandemic, Hospice Peterborough has continued its mission of supporting individuals and families at the end of life, through life-threatening illness, and grief.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and appreciate your patience and understanding as we navigate the realities of COVID-19.
For additional details or clarifications, please call 705-742-4042.