We would like to inform you of Hospice Peterborough’s plans to respond to the risks associated with COVID-19 (Coronavirus).
We have developed a 4-level response plan that takes into account escalating risks and contingency precautions to limit the infection of this virus. At all times, we are being guided by the expert advice being provided by local, provincial, and national public health authorities and Hospice Palliative Care Ontario and will continue to monitor and assess next steps and precautions in the coming days and weeks.
The health and safety of clients, residents, family members, volunteers, staff, partners, and community members is our top priority. We are committed to support efforts to minimize the spread of the virus through increased screening and limiting person to person contact especially around people with already complex medical conditions.
Naturally, we appreciate the implications and concerns this places on all aspects of our organization and our stakeholders.
Effective immediately until further notice:
- We have cancelled all community groups, volunteer supports, presentations, and meetings.
- We are asking people NOT to come to our building unless their visit is essential.
- We are limiting visiting hours for our Hospice Residence. 9am-6pm on weekends and 11am-7pm on Weekdays (subject to change).
- We are actively screening everyone who enters our building.
- We have postponed our April 25th Gala and May 3rd Hike for Hospice events until the fall 2020.
Please follow the guidelines and precautions outline by the Peterborough Public Health Unit (705-743-1000 x 401) or Telehealth Ontario (1-866-797-0000) for more information/direction.
Hospice Peterborough remains committed to its mission in supporting individuals and families at end of life, through life-threatening illness and grief. We will monitor and adapt as the COVID-19 outbreak evolves. Please check our website for updated information.
We appreciate your patience and understanding, and apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
Hajni Hos, Executive Director